BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Chicago Auditions

First and foremost I want to say that they had a cut before the dance combo and animation. And I didn't make it through that.

Moving on.
Prior to the audition I saw Chicago with Abby and Allison and got some lunch. Once there we were measured and our photo was taken. I was really glad to have brought my headshot too because the camera they used didn't look like it took very good quality pictures. I measured in at 5'5" so I was pretty much screwed from the start.

We learned a very simple 2 eight counts of marching essentially and then they cut about...I would say close to 90-100 people from the 124 that were there. They brought us in a room and said "sorry but we are unable to offer you an entertainment position at the time. Sometimes it just comes down to fitting in the costume." So I didn't actually get to experience this awesomely fun audition i've heard so much about and that is what I was mostly disappointed over. I won't lie and say that I'm ok and not upset. But I've gone through this before, I've gone through similar cattle calls (and that's what this was) and had the same result and it's ok. I can move on. I saw something Jazmine posted on the group and it's true. That now I can make magic for guests and be able to take credit for it. Merchandise here I come.

You hear more people tell you no than yes in this business. And that just makes that "yes" so, so much sweeter. :D

0 comments: